Saturday, May 5, 2012

Walking and Running

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday! Today Aiden and I have been catching up on some house work. He's a good little helper.
He helped me do the dishes!

Unpack the suitcases!

And even do the laundry! haha! What a silly kid! We just got back from a week in Idaho. Jeff's sweet sister Becky had to have surgery so Jeff, Aiden and I went up to watch her four kids. I must say it was a little different than just having one baby around. Becky's kids are older so they were a lot of help around the house which was wonderful! They are so good with Aiden and he just adores them!



This is cute Austin and Aiden looking out the window! When the kids would leave for school, Aiden and I would look out the window and wave goodbye. It was so fun to see them in with their backpacks all ready to go.

Caleb and Austin would read and play games with Aiden when they got home from school. They would even take him for "walks", holding his hands while he walked all around the room. Too cute!!
We had a party every night! Thanks for letting us come up! We love you kiddos! Get feeling better Becky Boo!! Love you!
My little boy took his first steps this weekend!! He is only 9 months old and walking! I just cant believe it! Ever since he was in my tummy, Aiden has been on the go. I remember him kick, kick, kicking my ribs all day long, like he was running a race. I sure love this little kid!
Speaking of races, I ran my second half marathon last saturday! It was awesome! It was the Thanksgiving Point Half and there were tons of people. Thats one thing that I love about races, there are so many people who cheer you on and are so friendly! At about mile 11 I was getting tired and stopped for a minute to catch my breath. There are people lined up all throughout the race course and one girl starts clapping and yelling, "You can do it! Keep going!" I smiled and her and started running and finish the race strong. Thanks random girl for cheering me on! haha! I loved it! I finished the race at 2 hours 19 secs. I finished about 4 mins faster than my first race.

Jeff and Aiden meet me at the finish line! They are so wonderful! I am considering doing a full marathon in Septemeber...I am a little nervous about it, but I would love to train for one! It would be so much fun!! I am feeling very grateful today for my health. We were all sick this week and I dont think you really appreciate your health until it is gone. Luckily, we just had colds, but I really am so thankful for a healthy body, that I can run and do all the things I want to do. That I have a healthy family. I am so grateful for such a blessed life.


1 comment:

  1. Loved all the pictures!!!! Thank you so much for coming and taking care of our kids. It made it easier for us to know that we didn't have to worry about them while we were gone. They miss Aiden and I am sad that I didn't get to hold and love him...next time. Congrats on the race, you are awesome! we love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete